Responsible for payroll compliance with all federal, state and local legal requirements. Administers and maintains employees’ payroll reports. Calculate and complete payroll tax filings. Prepare general ledger payroll journal entries and monthly reconciliations. Generate payroll reports for internal use. Assist Accounting team with general accounting as required.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Calculate employees’ salary accurately within company payroll system.
- Prepare all employees’ pay slips /electronic transfers.
- With utilizing HR system, prepare general ledger payroll journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Ensure accurate tax / social insurance premiums are properly withheld from employees’ salary and filed.
- Prepares internal and external reports (tax returns) for earning, taxes, deductions, hours, etc.
- Establish and payroll procedures that comply with Merlin Entertainments Group’s policies and procedures and related law requirements.
- Closely communicate with HR team to ensure all the master data is synchronized accurately and in timely manner.
- Handle and solve the issues happen in payroll system closely working with system provider.
- Resolves any account discrepancies through investigation of supporting documentation and direct communication with internal and external contact
Background and Experience:
- Requires at least five years of progressive professional level experience within a payroll role.
- Industry experience in theme park, hotel or resort, retail operation or restaurant is preferred.
- Must have the payroll experiences in the company whose number of employees at t least 500 and above.
- Must have strong payroll knowledge. Able to create payroll journal entry transactions to be forwarded to accounting team.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Requires the ability to self-initiate work and work under minimal supervision.
- Effective project management skills to coordinate efforts and work effectively with other departments are preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and interact cooperatively with others in the organization.
- Requires excellent computer skills with strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel. Experience with payroll software and integrated, system-wide software packages a plus
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required
- Independent thinker with good analytical skills, motivation and initiative.
- Ability to be discreet and remain confidential.
- Very good skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point, Adobe Acrobat, and normal office systems and applications.
- Must be fluent in Japanese, including all four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- English communication skill is preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.