Position/Title Plant Controller
Reporting to Japan CFO
Provide financial information for company's performance, report business KPIs of manufacturing plant
Perform analytic review of financial statements, variance analysis and propose counter measures to management team of the plant
Ensure robust controls are in place on investments in line with company policy
Lead precise GL account reconciliation, internal audit and Balance Sheet Review process
Responsible for physical inventory count
Review and validate all IPA (Investment Proposal Application)
Responsible for periodic forecast, standard cost roll up
Communicate and collect updated information related to plant performance and reflect it to the latest forecast
Following global guidance/instruction, communicate plant management team to determine and establish Annual Operating Plan
Lead the standard cost roll up process with plant management team and country controller to reflect global guidance
Lead improved plant performance:
- Through periodic and analytic review of financial results, propose ideas/plans to improve plant performance
- Co-work with plant management team to drive continuous improvement of KPIs
- Provide weekly flash report of plant performance to global team
- Actively participate various Kaizen events
- Minimum 7-10 years working in a manufacturing plant, preferably, under a multinational company.
- Strong Standard cost accounting knowledge/experience is required.
- Experience of preparation/submission of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting package is preferred.
- Ability to talk about the story behind the numbers.
- SAP (or similar ERP) experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modeling skills.
- Strong communication skills, being a good team player
- Fluent English is preferred
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in hands on capacity