Job Title: Product Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Industry: Outdoor industry
Salary: 7 – 8M
Directs the activities that ensure the effective management of the assigned category’s product line portfolio to achieve profit targets based on long term strategies in conjunction with global and APAC strategy.
Need supervise of product quality, market launch success, consumer and customer comprehension and supply chain management.
Strong emphasis will be placed on defining and executing tactics/strategies based on profit driven long term vision for the business.
Collaborates with Global Product team to assure the development and introduction of programs or products that meet customer and consumer requirements.
- Product Management – Conducts/comprehends the analysis of consumer/customer requirements and competitive pressures, the development of new product initiatives and the creation of strategic plans to ensure that product portfolios and life cycles are correctly applied across market segments and distribution channels.
- Product Development - Develop new products in responsible category in line with the established product strategy in conjunction with Global and APAC development team.
- Consumer/Customer Needs Research – Guides the initiation of various forms of consumer/customer research (e.g., focus groups, consumer segmentation studies) and the evaluation of the results in order to establish an intimate understanding of consumer needs and behaviors.
- Quality Assurance support – Understand necessary standards or certificate information and communicate with Global or APAC QA team to ensure the smooth development.
- Business Intelligence – Establishes the development of a business intelligence capability to collect and analyze market and competitive data and provide insights in support of strategic planning and new product development while advancing the development of market models.
- New Product Concepts – Establishes the criteria upon which cross-functional product development teams drive solutions. Product lines are defined by gap, trend, consumer, customer and channel analysis
- Commercialization – Collaborates with Sales team in the launch of new products including planning of launch schedules, merchandising, special promotions, advertising and product training, promotional materials, catalogs and trade promotions.
- Trade Marketing Support – Oversees the initiation and development of sales presentations, tradeshow exhibits and sales and customer meetings in support of Product Marketing activities.
- Product Line Reviews – Is responsible for evaluations of actual sales and profit results for product lines and coordinates the initiation of corrective actions and strategies to return results to plan.
- Long Range Planning – Establishes a five year plan which details the mean for achieving sales and profit objectives for assigned region’s product lines by envisioning new products/categories/business’s that will meet customer/consumer future needs and lifestyle changes.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential elements as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with APAC and Global product team, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.