This individual will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with market knowledge, a high level of sales savvy and the ability to recruit, motivate, coach and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. Driven personality, disciplined work habits, and attention to details will be the key to the role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Initiate, acquire and develop direct hotel/accommodation partnerships to meet set acquisition targets.
- Ensure revenue goals for market and control costs within budget.
- Recruit, develop, manage, retain, lead staff to ensure adherence to all targets and KPIs.
- Ensure good and pro-active team work with subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback.
- Prepare and present high quality fortnightly reviews.
- Close chain deals to bring on new partners.
- Negotiate and secure market deals and promotions with hotels.
- Ensure price competitiveness of product.
- Plan and execute regular and relevant partner visits according to the goals, targets and objectives.
- Attend and participate to all relevant tradeshows, workshops and local events necessary to achieve goals and represent the company in line with company guidelines.
- Share relevant data and information with the partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance.
- Verify, analyze and understand all available data and reports by giving continuously feedback on the quality of the data.
- Maintain and develop the high level of usage of CRM, backoffice and all other management tools.
- Ensure that payment procedures and other finance operational goals are achieved.
- Develop and execute initiatives and negotiations to maximize margin opportunity,
- Obtain inventory and long term agreements with our supply partners.
- Coordinate with central management on planning and objectives.
- Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews
- Travel extensively within the Japan market.
- Develop, and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, hotel groups, associations and other relevant industry bodies.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required.
- 3-7 years business development experience required.
- Min 4 years experience managing a team, with a proven success record in setting KPIs and sales and marketing strategies.
- 5+ years progressive sales and project management experience in consultative sales or sales management environment.
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English and Japanese.
- Prior experience working in e-commerce, consulting, internet or FMCG industry desirable.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners.
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships.
- Team leader and team player.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined work habits.
- Energetic and driven personality.
- Adapts well to and is energized by change.
- Creative and Innovative.