Job Title: Regional eCommerce Merchandiser
Contract type: Permanent
Industry: Italian luxury brand
Salary: Up to 8M JPY
The mission of this role is to manage all digital activities for the brand within the region to reach full potential in each category, communicating a consistent brand and product story to our customers.
He/she will be part of regional eCommerce team, reporting directly to the regional eCommerce Director and with a dotted line to the General Merchandising Manager. At the regional level, he/she will also be the point person for the Product Content, Consumer Relationship Management and Retail Buying Teams.
The brand is a matrixed organization and at the worldwide level, the buying strategy is set to ensure brand consistency throughout all regions. At the worldwide level, this person will liaise with the Digital Buying team, Digital Merchandising and Digital Operations.
- During the buying season and throughout the year, inform the Worldwide Digital Buying team of regional specificities and needs as they relate to product selection and assortment. Accountable for providing the WW teams with regional expertise.
- Be present in the showroom during all Buying Campaigns to understand Product Strategy to be adapted within the Region.
- Manage back orders, pre-orders, and clients’ special requests, including store transfer in partnership with the Worldwide Digital Buyer, who can expedite solutions with Production.
- Collaborate with Worldwide Digital Merchandising on the site’s navigation structure. The WW Digital Merchandising views the structure in light of the overarching product strategy. The regional team ensures that it reflects regional naming norms, buys and consumer trends.
- Monitor the site to ensure it reflects the buying strategy and Visual Merchandising guidelines. Collaborate with the Regional eCommerce Visual Merchandising Coordinator who is responsible for maintaining the product catalog and visual merchandising.
- Participate in eCard planning and home page product rotation in alignment with Worldwide guidelines, product marketing calendar and in respect to the buying strategy.
- Responsible for message consistency from eCard to landing pages through top hero alignment.
- Provide expertise on local market performance and customer buying behaviors.
- Responsible for analyzing competitors and benchmark their online activity.
- Analyze weekly/monthly sales results and react promptly.
- Reinforce product knowledge before the launch of any new collections and support the regional Online Sales Associates (call center) for any clients’ request on a daily basis.
- A passion for the fashion industry with strong product knowledge and understanding of eCommerce.
- 3 -5 years of working experience, of which 2 years of eCommerce is mandatory.
- Hands on approach and a strong ability to work with matrix teams in a collaborative manner. Able to interacts with flexibility and diplomacy with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Pro-active, creative problem solver.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.