Our team of Research Scientists are embedded throughout the engineering organization, allowing for large-scale tests and the ability to deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas come from internal projects as well as collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. But you stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes of perceptual processing.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals.
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate.
- Publish results at international conferences and journals.
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proven track record in at least one (preferably more) of the following fields
- Robotics or control theory
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Sensor fusion
- Optimization and planning
- Relevant experience to the position such as post-doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications or deep neural network architectures.
- PhD in machine learning, robotics, computer science or neuroscience
- Experience with C++
- Experience with at least one script language
- Ability to write clean code and help out the Engineering team when needed.
- Hands-on experience with modern machine learning software and tools (such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Kubernetes, Docker, Chainer, Ansible, Logstash, etc.)