This is a great opportunity to lead the marketing for a European household leader. You will have overall control of all marketing endeavours, product development, omni-channel marketing and e-commerce. Our client has almost 50 retail stores throughout Japan.
This role is responsible for:
- Develop and plan all training for company’s retail stores within Japan;
- Develop strategic plans and programs which both jointly and individually drive mass and secure long-term market leadership.
- Evaluate the financial impact of channel projects and work with Finance to ensure effective allocation of available resources. Determine resulting sales volume, revenue and market share necessary to achieve profit target.
- Managing multiple retail stores including in-store presentation and marketing;
- Leading a large omni-channel marketing team, and integrating all channels (including e-Commerce);
- Partner with channel business teams to develop the annual plan for the retail segment. Lead both channel commercial planning processes including monthly reviews to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual targets. Partner with cross-functional channel team, customer marketing, sales on marketing strategies and programs to drive volume, share and profit. Plans should include new products, re-launches, packaging, shopper marketing, promotions, media and copy, etc.
- Understand and act upon marketplace/key competitive developments and utilise consumer/shopper insights to drive annual business plan. Monitor and recommend programming to respond to and leverage competition.
- Oversee Japan consumer insights function;
- Hands-on retail store marketing experience;
- BA or business degree (MBA preferred);
- Native level Japanese and at least business level English;
- Over 7 years of B2C marketing and product / brand management in Japan;
- At least 5 years working within a retail organization in Japan;
- Retail store management experience highly preferred;
- Experience successfully launching new products (preferably in new categories);
- At least 3 years of multi-functional people management experience;
- Thorough knowledge of e-commerce and digital marketing;
- Data collection ability and analytical skills;
- Logical thinking;
- Strategic thinking from a comprehensive perspective;
- Negotiation experience with trade customers, suppliers, and agencies;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel to advanced level able to plan strategically, build consensus and project the Company’s vision