As a member of the Robotics Engineering Team, you'll work closely with software engineers and researchers on a diverse and stimulating range of projects including: designing robotic architectures, developing cutting edge algorithms and prototype applications, providing software design and programming support, along with implementing full robotic solutions.
A passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia and product-led environments, providing a balance of structure and flexibility. The company approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the research team, leading to creativity and innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of robotics.
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects
- Report and present software developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- Architect and implement software libraries
- Design, build and integrate robotic systems
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, engineering, robotics, or equivalent (MSc/MEng preferable).
- Expert in C/C++, with strong command of CS fundamentals
- Experience with at least one script language such as Lua, Python or Matlab
- Self-motivated learner
- Experience with robotics-related algorithms such as:
- computer vision
- control theory
- sensor fusion
- path planning
Plus points for any of the following
- Experience developing robotic architectures (ROS)
- Experience with GPU Programming (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and device interfacing
- Knowledge of Ethernet, Serial, CAN, FlexRay and other network protocols and their usage
- Broad familiarity with the fundamentals of electrical, mechanical, and computer engineering
- Strong math and physics foundation
- Strong debugging skills
- Interest in machine learning and AI
- Experience using machine learning platforms, tools and libraries (such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Kubernetes, Docker, Chainer, Ansible, Logstash, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.