- Manage customer interactions including fostering relationships, making customer calls and closing deals
- Participate in face-to-face client meetings independently. Partnering with other sales personnel may occur at times, depending on the complexity of customer demands.
- Visit customers and potential clients within assigned territory 3-to-4 days per week
- Collaborate with manager to ensure alignment with branch strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development.
- Utilize Opportunity Management system to organize, update and keep records of customer information
- Have continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensure ongoing success with accounts
- Demonstrate solid decision-making skills and ability to prioritize ever-changing daily tasks
- Possess advanced knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology
- Monitor inside sales coordinators’ account administration and agent activity including sourcing carriers, load building, data entry, tracking/tracing, etc., to ensure a seamless and positive customer experience.
- Consult with several levels of decision-makers and buying influences to understand customers’ business challenges and supply chain goals. Develop tailored solutions that deliver value and support the customer’s business strategy.
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and competitive advantages
- Minimum three years of freight forwarding outside sales experience
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory, minimum 3-4 days per week
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the Internet