Position: Logistics Senior Manager
Effectively and efficiently manage all logistics processes within Japan logistics Center (Customer service, Distribution Planning, Stock management, Invoicing & Shipping), integrating the main departments, ensuring stock control and security and a high service level to the distribution network, in accordance with Supply Chain models, procedures and inputs.
- Report to the head of Supply Chain (Europe)
- Report to President on a dotted line relationship
- Supervise 3 functions and around 9 staff including 2 managers (Distribution planning, Customer service and Inventory)
- Ensure Excellent Customer Service, through an effective order management process, respecting company procedures and providing information on availability, timing and cost to stores/distributors.
- Ensure customer support, through request and claims management to maximize operational performance and improve service quality and relations with customer/sales force.
- Ensure the implementation of the Distribution Planning strategy at local level, maintaining inventory targets at store/country level and respecting allocation and distribution priorities.
- Ensure the implementation of the Stock rebalancing processes and Buy back campaigns, respecting the guidelines received by the Central Supply Planning and Distribution Planning departments.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the local warehouse, in order to guarantee quality and security of finished products and other materials, respecting security and F&A procedures.
- Ensure an effective/efficient flow of incoming and out-going products, coordinating the Stock team in performing all movements and registration of all transactions in the relevant systems.
- Ensure the organization of the physical products shipments to clients (Stores, Retailers) minimizing lead-time and prioritizing them according to the established Distribution Plans.
- Ensure sales & commercial events support for stock control point of view.
- Supervise the day by day invoicing and shipping flows and documents management (invoices, Carnet, certificates, etc.) respecting local legal regulations, import/export norms and custom duties.
- Ensure effective stock cycle counting activities according to F&A guidelines and procedures.
- Define the service level with local carriers and shipping agents and control suppliers’ performances, in terms of product security, lead-time, transportation costs, etc.
- Define, propose and implements improvements in the warehouse layout, to increase efficiency and reduce lead-time.
- President and executives
- Almost all department including retail shops
- SSC (shared service center), CSL Logistics
- Central supply chain team
- Central warehouse
- Central Distribution Planning and Central Customer Service
- Domestic Subcontractors (Nippon express warehouse)
- External suppliers and External warehouses
- Shipping agents and Customs
- University degree
- Good communication skills both in Japanese and English are required
- Knowledge of Supply chain process and procedures, and
- Knowledge of inventory management techniques
- Knowledge of import/export norms and custom duties
- Custom/external service provider management skills
- Budget development and monitoring techniques
- IT applications (SAP, Excel)
- Operational effectiveness
- Customer Orientation
- Economic Awareness
- Role competences