OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This highly analytical role will see you responsible for providing solutions to client opportunities across our Logistics services in Japan. By building cross-functional relationships, you will liaise with key stakeholders in driving requirements analysis, solution development, pricing and costing, proposal documentation, solution presentations and negotiations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Intralogistics Tender Response Management o Oversee the entire tender process with includes the development of response format / pricing matrix / responding to queries to timely submission of RFI, RFP and RFQ to customer / sponsors o Ensure adherence to the workflow o Provide expertise in the cost modeling and analysis of business for pricing determination and business improvement analysis o Coordinate and manage the information flow from the sales lead, and other sales team members and internal service / rate providers to create a complete and professional customer proposal within the required time parameters o Interface with other function groups such as IT, Vertical Markets, Account Management and Business Development in delivering customer driven services and solutions o Support the development and maintenance of a knowledge pricing database of capital, labor and operating costs, productivity standards (where applicable) and company information to support tender request o Undertake presentations to customers on solutions and support Sales/Business development in the new business acquisition process.
2. Intralogistics Solution Design o Collaborate with key stakeholders in the Group to ensure a proposed solution solves the clients' problem o Provide analysis and design support in the pursuit of new business, inclusive of requirement clarifications, tender evaluations, manpower calculations, infrastructure investments and design. o Responsible for project deliverables and involvement in solution presentations to customers o Where required, apply robust analytical approach to flexible, sustainable and efficient Automation solution design o Maintain working relationships and collaborate with vendors of integrated warehouse technologies and specialist firms o Identify and develop with existing or new customers, improved supply chain strategies that are innovative and offer win/win solutions o Prepare Drawings in CAD/REVIT and presentations to highlight in exact detail the requirements for Layouts and designs
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
* Conversion Rate * Total Wins (shared with Vertical Market/Key Account) * Total Savings on existing operations (improved vs base case) * Retention Rate * Total number of trained staff * Service level/response rate
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
Technical * Must have knowledge of the following topics: storage mediums, material handling equipment, space analysis, manpower analysis, inventory/SKU analysis, operational key performance indicators, continuous improvement initiatives, transportation methods, packaging, secondary operations, costing
* Detailed Knowledge of Intralogistics operations, material flow design and optimization and solutions engineering.
*Good facilitation and analytical skills.
* financial/cost accounting and analysis.
* Strong Mathematical Modelling and Data Analytics skills.
* Advanced Excel and VBA Skills. Other programming skills advantageous.
* Demonstrated ability in preparing professional proposals
* Excellent Presentation and Documentation Skills
* Detailed analytical and problem solving abilities
* Adherence to CLCM workflow
* Fluent in English and Japanese languages beneficial
* Stakeholder management.
* Warehouse process design and/or operation management knowledge preferred. Business (Understanding of business concepts, knowledge of the organisation, profitability).
* Very strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
* Strong Commercial acumen/skills * Good overall knowledge of the industry and client markets
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Professional and strong presentation skills to Board/Steering Com and/or project stakeholders
* Able to travel throughout Japan and abroad based on solution support requirements Human Relations (People skills in servicing, influencing, developing and leading others).
* Strong drive and resilience.
* Action and result oriented.
* Culturally Diverse and able to work with people of different backgrounds and languages
*Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
* A willingness to see things through to the end.
* Able to work under pressure and multi-task
* A team player who is comfortable working with other professionals.
* Ability to influence people at all levels.
* Functional know-how in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
* Personality traits such as: Customer focused, numeric skills, detail-oriented and able to manage cross-functional interfaces
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Being an inspirational leader who is able to demonstrate enthusiasm, passion.
* Willingness to take on client opportunity ownership and accountability.