A Vice-President of Finance position is available at an internationally recognised startup software company in Tokyo. The company plans to launch an IPO in Japan in 2019, and needs someone with experience in this area to complete the process and oversee all other finance functions. The position comes with a stock option, the opportunity of fast-track promotion to CFO before the IPO next year, and the opportunity to sit on the Board of Directors in the future.
This company has a strong international atmosphere and work culture, and is open to arrangements like remote work when required. It is not so important to be at the office all day as long as you get the work done well and on time. The company specialises in an area of software growing exponentially, and it has attracted significant media coverage in Japan and overseas. The company was founded in Japan, but it has a very international culture, atmosphere, and ethos. It is important to be able to communicate in English with people at the Tokyo office and overseas subsidiaries.
Besides overseeing the company’s financials, the position will also be responsible for the company’s HR, general affairs, and legal correspondence.
- Experience with at least one IPO (must be able to steer the entire process）
- Experience as an Accounting Manager, Finance Manager, or similar
- Ability to communicate with overseas subsidiary
- Native-level Japanese
- Business-level English
- Open-minded attitude
- Experience working with engineers
- Experience working with foreigners
- Experience with corporate tax
- Experience overseeing HR/general affairs