The Warehouse Assistant Manager oversees the day to day operations of warehouse functions, personnel, facility safety and security. This position is responsible for timely and accurate distribution of inbound and outbound freight, special projects and communications with other departments and branches. Responsible for office duties and all linked surrogate activities: customer relations, customer invoicing, scheduling pick-ups and deliveries, inventory management, etc.
Essential is your ability to:
- Responsible for inventory management of clients for which pick and pack operations are completed by the warehouse.
- Responsible for facility security and safety.
- Ensure high quality customer service is delivered.
- Verify shipments for accuracy and document any discrepancies.
- Ensure any issues with shipment overages or shortages are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure strict adherence to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Manage forklift fleet and schedule preventative maintenance checks.
- Ensure workspace / warehouse is clean of debris at all times to adhere to safety guidelines.
- Forklift Operation; driving or operating equipment as needed / required to ensure daily schedules are completed.
- Develop and own emergency management and other applicable HSE plans as per WW management guidelines.
- Resolve mechanical and maintenance issues.
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Single point of contact for office personnel questions.
- Develop and expand staff knowledge for all accounts / cross-train.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of staff to develop skills to the highest level.
- Schedule all office and warehouse activities for the full day.
- Prepare all priority duties for the following days.
- Exchange of activity and information with other department managers.
- Develop and own emergency management and other applicable HSE plans as per WW Management guidelines.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Able to quickly and efficiently resolve any issues or problems.
Self- motivated and able to motivate and coach personnel.
Capable of providing rate structures for potential new customers, as well as adjusting rate structures, as needed, for existing customers.
Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
Excellent organizational skills.
Maintain excellent safety record through the application of and employee accountability for safety procedures and applicable HSE programs.
Able to operate basic hand and small electric tools.