Accounting and Controllership:
- Proactively support the Japan Accounting Manager in managing/overseeing the accounting cycle (closing monthly and yearly book, tax audit).
- Comply with tax filing requirements by studying regulation, calculate and prepare estimated income and value added tax payments, and complete required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Coordinate and complete annual audits in collaboration
- Ensure that all financial reporting including HFM submission are timely submitted and in the compliance with the local and global accounting standard.
- Consolidate and analyze accounting data for the Japan office and produce periodical financial reports or ad-hoc reports on as-needed basis
- Ensure that accounting entries and accruals are made properly
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Drive improvement in monthly management reporting process under the guidance
- Support in establishing and validating standard operating procedures to be implemented in Japan
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls
- Complete higher education in Accounting, Finance
- Minimum 5 years in Accounting positions
- Strong knowledge of General Accounting, Managerial and cost accounting;
- Strong IT skill including SAP (BI tool experience would be a plus)
- Project management skills
- Japanese - native
- English - business level required
- Interpersonal Relationship; Negotiation
- Orientation to Result/sense of urgency
- Good communication with different levels in the Organization.