Reporting to the Country General Manager and Regional HR director, a retail multinational organisation is looking for an HR director to lead its HR operations in Japan. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing all HR programs and policies across the region and manage all aspects of Employee Relations and Development to efficiently support the company's values and its corporate objectives.
In this role, areas of focus include Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Performance Management, Organisational Development, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits and more.
- Experience leading an HR team
- Ability to work well cross functionally, establish solid relationship with all key business stakeholders and influence ask key players within the organisation
- Strong knowledge of Japan employment law, compliance and policy development and implementation
- Background and experience running strategies in Recruiting, C&B, ER, Training and Development, and Succession planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Japanese
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Proven success operating in a fast paced and innovative environment
- Solid people management skills with the ability to drive performance and motivation within teams
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand the business and its objectives
- Ability to establish quickly credibility, demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas across the organisation
- Must work well with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Should be result and solution oriented and is expected to lead by innovation
- Must display integrity and ethical business conduct at all times
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to the leadership team regarding key organisational and management strategies
- Collaborate closely with the country manager and provide continuously new innovative HR initiatives to improve employee's motivation, performance and efficiency
- Drive recruiting strategy
- Ensure new hires are effectively assimilated into the organisation (on boarding experience)
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Partner with the Training and Development team to stimulate employee development and increase retention rate
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.