1. Logistics Operation
Design and maintain processes to ensure timely delivery of products to customers as well as reverse of defectives.
· Responsible for Logistics overall performance in Japan and compliance to defined KPI's.
· Control the 3rd Party service vendors that are handling daily logistics operations
- Stock Control in DC, Offsite WH, 24/7 Satellite Hubs (13 locations in Japan) in collaborating with Procurement & Flow Analyst
· Planning and execution of replenishment and rebalancing.
· Planning and execution of Inpection, Rework, Recharge, as well as Export (to be repaired) and Scrap
- Escalate and take ownership for logistics related customer issues in Japan business
- Proactive in process improvement and removing defects from the overall customer experience
4. Interface with internal and external parties
· Daily communication with Order Management team, Japan Service team and CCC.
· Assist in managing Logistics operations with 3rdParty service vendors
- Regular meetings with internal related parties across the region and sub region
- Japan Service Team
- Japan Logistics functions (Procurement, Transport, DC)
- Drive Safety and 5S in the worksite
- Lease and Calibration control of inspection machines used in DC
SCOPE & SIZE
- Manage temp staff in Distribution Centre Office
- Manage the 3rd party service vendors
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - REQUIRED:
· 5+ years' experience in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Lotus Notes
· Experience in Supply Chain Planning, WMS
· Demonstrated experience and success in complex technical distribution last mile logistics
· Demonstrated experience in Order fulfillment type operations.
· Demonstrated experience in Transportation management.
· Demonstrated experience in Logistics program/project management.
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
· Self motivated, self starter.
· Customer oriented
· Able to work with cross-functional teams including executive level management and be effective across a multi-cultural environment.
· Proven ability to influence vendors.
· Proven ability to solve complex problems
· Fluent in English and Japanese
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
· Practical experience in ISO9001 and ISO14000 requirement
· Experience in TQM - KAIZEN, 5S, 6-sigma and various quality and problem solving techniques.
· Transportation Management System (TMS)