The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations upon smooth coordination with the HQ.
She/he will organize and monitor the procurement, delivery and inventory of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
* Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
* Evaluate sales forecast based on the historical transaction data and provide necessary feedback/advice to sales team to improve accuracy of sales forecast.
* People management; Organizes, motivate and inspire the team to engage with and accomplish company goals, and engage with subordinates to build on their strengths and develop their capabilities
* Ensure effective lines of communication between the HQ, other department managers in Japan office and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures
* Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
* Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to our customers
* Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the HQ
* Implement effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements
* Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
* Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
* Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
* Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance
* Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
* Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experiences :
* Must have 7+ years working experience as a business planning, procurement planning, production planning, or sales planning at multinational companies
* Understands numerical analytic tool such as PSI.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
* Proficient in standard logistics software
* Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
* Leadership skills, including strategic planning skills, goal-setting skills, assessment skills, collaboration skills, and complex decision-making skills.
* Professional written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. * Ability to address multiple tasks, set work priorities, and organize work effectively.
* Flexibility and understanding against other nationalities and good team building skills in international and multi-cultural environment
* Must pay attention to detail and have a sense of urgency, professionalism and confidentiality.
* Must be a very hands-on subject matter expert.
Preferable Qualifications and Experiences:
* Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management, accounting, business administration or related field.
* Experience/Knowledge of PV system.
* Professional written and verbal communication skills in Chinese is a big plus.
* Experience to use Sales Force (CRM) and SAP (ERP) Note: The Company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time at its own discretion.