Have the following responsibilities for Japan:
- Provide tax advice on and implement strategic projects, such as business development and M&A initiatives, local or global
- Monitor tax aspects related to the integration within the company group of activities recently acquired in Japan
- Monitor transfer pricing issues, documentation and implementation of transfer pricing policies
- Handle tax-related enquiries from businesses as well as other support functions
- Identify opportunities and implement efficient structures
- Minimize potential tax exposures and monitor tax provisions
- Be the key point of contact for any tax inquiries and tax audits
- Provide updates on changes in local tax legislation or practice to local affiliates and to head office, and maintain tax awareness with the organization
- Ensure coordination and alignment between Global Corporate Tax objectives and local operations projects and decisions.
- Minimum of 7-year tax experience in multinational companies in Japan and/or big 4 audit firm in the corporate/international tax practice.
- Prior exposure to tax advisory and tax compliance works, preferably in an international context
- Excellent knowledge of Japan and international tax law including transfer pricing rules
- Good project management skills with an hands-on mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal