Your new role
Join a start-up company in planning out and enhancing the global expansion strategy and store brand image in Japan. The first store is open and the next slated to open in this summer. Join and help many, many stores open over the next few months.
- Lead and train the store construction and design teams on a global level.
- Guide construction projects for both smaller boutiques and major flagship stores from conception to completion.
- The role will also require you to manage domestic and international workloads and budgets as well as to coordinate among and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders, both in and outside of Japan.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years of store development experience in the retail or construction sector or at commercial real estate brokerage firms.
- You will have an architectural background and relevant certifications, high people management skills and great business acumen.
- Excellent communication in both English and Japanese is necessary.
- Ideal candidates will be smooth negotiators and creative masterminds.
What you'll get in return
An attractive compensation package with a base annual salary of between JPY9 - 15mill (commensurate with experience). More experienced candidates will be considered for more senior positions accordingly.
Our client is a well-established European company that has entered into a JV in Japan and is looking to grow it's retail footbprint--50 stores over the next 5 years. Currently, the company is looking for senior store development professionals with construction management experience to further drive their aggressive expansion strategy.