A stable, family-owned, European retail company is looking for a new accountant to join their finance team of three people at their new central Toyko office.
This is a great opportunity for a young accountant to join an small team and get experience with a wide-range of accounting work in an international work environment. Remote work is available for as long as the coronavirus pandemic lasts.
Day to day work with accounts receivable, intercompany transactions and ensuring a fluid bank & cash operation. Make recommendations for potential solutions and improvements and support Finance Manager with timely and accurate financial data as and when required.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- AR collection (experience collecting from Department Stores is a plus)
- Cash forecast
- Bank reconciliation
- Expense report
- Inventory (Experience with stock take is a plus)
- GL Accounting (Journal Entry)
- Support with monthly and annual closing of books. Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Prepare budget/forecast report of the responsible accounts both P/L & B/S (quarterly).
- At least 3-5 years' experience in finance in Retail industry (E-commerce in addition is a plus)
- High proficiency in MS Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Fluency in Japanese is a must
- Hands on experience with ERP system is a must (SAP is preferred)
- Good communication capability in English
- BA degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience with MS Power BI and MS Access is a plus
- Experience from multinational company is an advantage
Personal Attributes / Key characteristic
- Good communication, interpersonal and team player skills to maintain good relationship with key stakeholders and ensure the service level is consistent
- Strong ownership and willingness to go beyond the current scope of assignment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Aspiration to take on a bigger scope of responsibilities eventually
- Ability to prioritise and manage expectations