You will be part of the team that is focused on solving our customer's pain in their supply chain. In this position, you will have significant exposure to all facets of the company. On a daily basis communicate with external clients and internal departments such as sales, product, finance, regional, and center teams.
You will join the team as we prepare to launch, implement, and stabilize our global integrator strategy. This is an extremely exciting time within Maersk, and you will have the ability to influence and strategically guide
the team to success through your skillset and experience.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
The role is based in Japan,
You will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade every day all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures, and locations.
You will join Area sales division and be responsible for identifying sales opportunities with a particular focus on contract logistics
For this you will:
- Identify end to end sales opportunities both within our existing client base and fresh logos
- Lead a team of business development sales experts to achieve the company sales targets
- Maintain a pipeline of opportunities in salesforce and ensure the procedural governance of the sale process.
- Guiding tender/opportunity managers in the overall RFP cycle to ensure the delivery of a high-quality solution within the timelines of the project
- Maintain a list of LnS WnD target clients in collaboration with the respective sales PIC. Develop and create winning strategies.
- Implement a sales and operational planning communication with Ocean / Air to ensure allocation can be met for target clients as part of the E2E solution.
- Participate in client meetings/workshops and provide effective suggestions and feedback
We are looking for
Saying that you should be customer-oriented is an understatement. Everything we do is all about the client; we need you to be passionate about contract logistics and solving customer pain!
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- 10+ Years in selling of Warehousing, Distribution and Contract Logistics products which a significant network of clients
- Fluent in English and Japanese language preferred
- Strong communication skills plus the confidence to meet clients both existing and new
- Project Management skills, experience in new sales opportunities and project launch
- Confident in the use of MS Office products is a must and Salesforce would be an advantage
- High-level knowledge of the Japanese 3PL industry including suppliers, competition and clients
- Ability to co-ordinate and mentor teams to maintain governance and compliance on project management
- Able to supervisor a sales team and mentor tender/qualification managers to meet project timeline
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
You have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to be the leading global integrator of container logistics, this is the role for you!