A challenging and exciting role at a well established company starting a new journey.
This role is with an American Medical device company.
The HRBP is responsible for championing the company's cultural model, developing and executing HR programs to support business objectives and ensuring effective people processes for the site in Japan.
This position reports to the APAC HR Director and works with business leaders in a matrix reporting structure.
HR Business Partnering
- Be seen by the site as a credible, informed business partner by the management team and a trusted employee advocate by the employees.
- Understand the environmental context in which your site operates, including business, industry, and the competitive forces at work.
Engagement, Talent & Leadership Development
- Talent Strategy – Develop and implement the talent strategy in partnership with business leaders.
- Organizational Development – Identify and address organizational barriers to delivering strategic initiatives.
- Talent Management – Identify and develop High Potential and Successor candidates to meet future talent requirements. Implement career development programs to retain talent.
- Goal Alignment - Ensure the timely establishment and evaluation of annual performance objectives in line with approved PD goals and development plans.
- Talent Development - Develop and implement a plan to develop leadership talent and high potential talent.
- Engagement – Develop and implement an engagement plan in collaboration with management to retain and grow our talent that results in a high engagement high performance culture.
- Collaborate with the APAC Talent Acquisition leader to identify staffing needs.
- Align the staffing needs forecast to the strategic mid-term and long-term plans of the company.
- Lead the immersion and onboarding process for new hires ensuring an exceptional employee engagement experience.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Maintain a working knowledge of environmental factors influencing the business (i.e. legal, HR legislation, best practice trends). Manage risk and ensure legal compliance by keeping current with regulatory environment.
- Ensure the integrity of the employee relations process at the site.
Compensation & Benefits
- Partner with the Director of Total Rewards on benefits, pay grades and market competitiveness.
- Provide the highest quality HR products and services through administrative excellence at all times, which ultimately will result in achieving the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
- Monitor HR policies, practices and processes to determine efficiency.
- Degree in human resources, international business or related field.
- Minimum of 7+ years of human resources experience required, preferably in a changing environment working closely with employees, line management up to key executives.
- Proven ability to generate consensus across diverse parties, influence high-impact decisions, provide critical feedback, and lead difficult conversations.
- Track record in change processes.