The Senior Manager, Tax and Treasury, is an individual contributor based in Tokyo and will be responsible for all tax and treasury functions of the legal entities in Japan.
• Tax Accounting
Quarterly Tax Provision
- Prepare tax provision and identify the book tax differences, and income tax treatment for Japan GAAP
- FIN48 analysis to identify any income tax exposure
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for income and indirect tax accounts
Prepare the tax accounting for local statutory purposes both for inclusion into financial statement and income tax filing to the Tax Office.
• Tax Compliance
- Prepare and/or review all Japan tax filings including income tax, GST, fringe benefits tax, and withholding tax.
- Assist the Global Transfer Pricing team in both the documentation process and in preparing/reviewing transfer pricing calculations for Japan tax purposes.
- Develop and implement tax processes and procedures.
• Tax Controversy
- Direct and coordinate both income and indirect tax audits and examinations by liaising with both tax officer and tax advisor.
• Tax Planning and Advisory
- Provide practical tax advice and solutions to local business/functional groups on financial and operational issues.
- Assist in merger and acquisition activity including due diligence and integration.
- Assist to provide support to Corporate Tax team in analyzing and implementing tax initiatives and policies.
- Cash management for Japan entities, including cash flow forecast and funding request.
- Handle inter-company settlements and oversee all other miscellaneous treasury related activities.
• Minimum 8-12 years of working experience in Japanese taxation.
• Preferably with at least 4 years commercial/industrial experience.
• Proficient in both written and spoken Japanese and English languages.
• SAP knowledge a plus.