A chance for an experienced Payroll professional to grow their career in an international professional services company in central Tokyo.
• Manages a portfolio of clients within their own team;
• Maintains effective relationship with clients and internal/external stakeholders, incl. banks, authorities, etc.;
• Manages daily work with high complexity, including monthly payroll calculations, payroll registers, final payment calculation, data input in payroll system, preparation of employer’s return, preparation of local pension filing, Benefits administration, etc.;
• Reviews deliverables to clients;
• Query management with internal and external- 3rd party stakeholders;
• Assist Department Head in preparing proposals for clients;
• Supervises, mentors and coaches Assistants, Executives and Senior Executives;
• Assists Senior Manager/Director to oversee daily operations and to implement internal control procedures;
• Assists Senior Manager/Director to train and coach junior staff;
• Assists Senior Manager/Director to follow up on Debtors list (client invoices);
• Prepares and checks various reports as requested by clients;
• Advises clients on payroll related issues when required;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree holder;
• Over 5 years of relevant experience in payroll services;
• Previous experience in sizeable professional services firm will be an advantage;
• Sound experiences in handling local employment regulations, tax practices, pension and other related issues;
• People management experience;
• Proficient in Microsoft applications;
• Preferred experience with payroll software (e.g. Bugyo, Obic-7, Company, SAP, or PeopleSoft);
• Fluent in Japanese with good English skills.