Major US listed manufacturing company with long history in Japan seeks Tax and Treasury Manager to join their Japan business. You will be responsible for all Tax and Treasury matters for the Japan business.
Title - Tax and Treasury Senior Manager
Location - Minato-ku, Tokyo
Salary - 10 16M JPY
• Tax Accounting
Quarterly Tax Provision
Prepare the tax accounting for local statutory purposes both for inclusion into financial statement and income tax filing to the Tax Office.
• Tax Compliance
- Prepare and/or review all Japan tax filings including income tax, GST, fringe benefits tax, and withholding tax.
- Assist the Global Transfer Pricing team in both the documentation process and in preparing/reviewing transfer pricing calculations for Japan tax purposes.
• Tax Controversy
- Direct and coordinate both income and indirect tax audits and examinations by liaising with both tax officer and tax advisor.
• Tax Planning and Advisory
- Provide practical tax advice and solution to local business/functional groups on financial and operational issues.
- Assist in merger and acquisition activity including due diligence and integration.
- Assist to provide support to Corporate Tax team in analyzing and implementing tax initiatives and policies.
- Cash management for Japan entities, including cash flow forecast and funding request.
- Handle inter-company settlements and oversee all other miscellaneous treasury related activities.
• Minimum 8-12 years of working experience in Japanese taxation.
• Preferably with at least 4 years commercial/industrial experience.
• A Japan CPA, and preferably a Zeirishi (registered tax agent).
• Proficient in both written and spoken Japanese and English languages.
• SAP knowledge a plus.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.